A STUNNED dad found his 25-year-old wife lying dead on the floor on Tuesday with their tot son sitting next to her.

Gemma Field’s family are in shock after she died suddenly having suffered a blood clot on her lung.

Her husband Martin had been at work at plastics company Jubbs in Wigston that morning and began to panic when he tried ringing her at their home in Langton Court, off Fairfield Road, Harborough, but couldn’t get an answer.

He rushed home after his mother, Linda Field, also failed to get an answer when she went round and found the curtains drawn.

Worried Mr Field flew straight upstairs and found his wife lying on the floor in their one-year-old son Finley’s bedroom, with their youngster sat next to her.

Mr Field’s mother, who lives in Cromwell Crescent with her husband Richard, said: “I thought maybe she’d fainted, I never expected it to be fatal.

“We’re all in shock. She’d been having a few headaches which she put down to tiredness but other than that she had no health problems.”

She described her daughter-in-law as a nice, shy, girl and a very loving mum to Finley.

Originally from Aylestone Fields, Leicester, Gemma also leaves her twin sister Shelley and two older sisters, Carrie Ann (29) and Stacie (27), who all said they will always remember their loving sister who was always ready to help out. Her parents Dick and Sadie Cook, of Leicester, added: “We’ll always remember Gemma as our happy outgoing daughter who never complained and was always helpful.”

And her husband, who grew up in Harborough, said in a brief statement to The Mail: “She was a loving wife and mum to Finley who will be sorely missed.”

Mrs Field used to work three mornings a week at Harborough’s canal basin, valeting boats, which she enjoyed.

An air ambulance and police were called to the home at about 9.30am on Tuesday, the air ambulance landing in the fields of Harborough C of E Primary School in Fairfield Road. But there was nothing medics could do. Police are not treating the death as suspicious and filed a report to the coroner’s office.

A post mortem yesterday (Wed) confirmed Mrs Field died of natural causes following a blood clot on the lung. A funeral date was still to be arranged.