Toxicology report rules out Crufts

A toxicology report has found that a dog co-owned by a woman in Kibworth was fed a fast-acting poison shortly after its return to Belgium, and not at dog show Crufts as was thought last week
A toxicology report has found that a dog co-owned by a woman in Kibworth was fed a fast-acting poison shortly after its return to Belgium, and not at dog show Crufts as was thought last week

A toxicology report has found that a dog co-owned by a woman in Kibworth was fed a fast-acting poison shortly after its return to Belgium, and not at dog show Crufts as was thought last week.

Irish red setter Jagger, whose pedigree name was Thendara Satisfaction, collapsed and died after returning to his other co-owner Alexsandra Lauwers in Belgium after coming second in its class at the dog show in Birmingham earlier this month.

Beef laced with unknown poisons were found during a post mortem examination.

The Kennel Club, which runs Crufts, said this week there was no proof any dogs were poisoned at the show and in a statement released on Monday, said a toxicology report found Jagger was fed a “fast-acting poison” shortly after its return to Belgium.

Jagger was co-owned by Dee Milligan-Bott, who lives in Kibworth and runs a successful breeding kennels with her husband Jeremy in Kilby.