A replica of a famous necklace discovered in Desborough more than a century ago has been revealed at the town’s Heritage Centre.
The Anglo Saxon necklace was found in 1875 by iron-stone quarrymen in fields near St Giles Church.
The replica was revealed earlier this month at a ceremony at the Heritage Centre attended by a large number of townspeople, MP Philip Hollobone and mayor June Derbyshire.
The replica was created thanks to funding from the Arnold and George Feakin Trust and Museum Development East Midlands.
Desborough Civic Society was able to commission the making of the necklace. The original is at the British Museum.
The jeweller, Nicky Wade, known as Gemmeus, well-known expert in the making of historic jewellery, was at the ceremony to unveil the necklace and answer questions about its intricate filigree work.
The original necklace is made of gold beads, with alternating gold pendants and garnets set in gold together with a gold cross.
Its owner is believed to have been a wealthy woman of very high status.