You may be well qualify for funded childcare in Harborough - here's what you need to know
Do you live in the Harborough area and have a two-year-old?
Then you may well qualify for special support from Leicestershire County Council.
Parents and carers of tots aged two are being reminded by the authority to check if they are eligible for funded childcare.
The scheme offers eligible children up to 570 hours of childcare per year.
To qualify, parents must be receiving one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Tax Credits and an income under £16,190
- Universal Credit and an annual net earned income of £15,400 or less.
Cllr Ivan Ould, the council’s cabinet member for children and families, said: "It is important that parents of two-year-olds across Leicestershire can benefit from funded childcare.
"I would encourage them to check their eligibility online or to talk with their childcare provider, who can also help them with their application.”
Parents and carers who are eligible can claim from the term after their child turns two.
See the dates and check eligibility online at https://www.leicestershire.gov.uk/education-and-children/early-years-and-childcare/funded-childcare-places/funding-for-2-year-olds or call 0116 305 6208.
More than 1,200 children in Leicestershire currently receive funded childcare for two-year-olds.
Children are also entitled to a place if:
- They are looked after by Leicestershire County Council
- Have a current statement of special education needs (SEN), or an education health and care plan (EHCP)
- Receive Disability Living Allowance or have left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order.