The deadline for entries for the Harborough Sports Awards 2015 has been extended until this Sunday.
This is the 14th year the Mail has staged the sports awards, which recognise the sporting achievements of the special people and groups within our area. Owing to a technical hitch with our online entry form, we are extending the deadline for nominations.
The presentation evening will be held at The Three Swans Hotel in Market Harborough, on Thursday, November 19. The Mail is again grateful to the event’s main sponsor, Market Harborough Building Society.
There are ten categories in the awards. They are:
* Junior Sportswoman (sponsored by Livingstone Moore Interiors, Kitchens & Bathrooms)
* Sports Personality (Specsavers)
* Unsung Hero (Harborough District Leisure Trust)
* Inspire a Generation (Active Harborough District)
* Sportsman (The Angel Hotel)
* Junior Sportsman (Langton Brewery)
* Team of the Year (Mayday Financial Services)
* Sportswoman of the Year (Stanair),
* Sports Leader of the Year (The Three Swans Hotel)
* Disabled Sports Personality (Spire Homes)
And as the event’s main sponsors, the Market Harborough Building Society, will choose the overall winner of winners and present the award on the night.
This year’s certificates are sponsored by Regent Wrought Iron for Gates and the trophies by the Big Trophy Shop.
Do you know someone who fits the criteria or a worthy team? Write in no more than 200 words about your nominated person and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your contact details and those of your nomination. The closing date for entries is Sunday November 1.