Harborough entertainer charged with 18 sexual offences
A former entertainer from Market Harborough has been charged with 18 sexual offences against children, it was revealed this week.
The charges against Robin Maughan (35) involve ten under-aged boys and two under-aged girls, the Mail understands.
Leicestershire Police say Maughan, formerly of Western Avenue, Market Harborough, will now appear at Leicester Magistrates Court on April 12.
Maughan was a popular figure in the town, and sang at the Market Harborough Christmas lights switch-on in 2014.
He also toured with his own Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons tribute band and was a regular cruise ship entertainer.
He performed with, and helped out at, several amateur dramatics and theatre groups in the Market Harborough area.
Maughan has been charged with:
* Two counts of intentionally causing or inciting a boy aged 15 to engage in sexual activity of a non-penetrative nature between September 2008 and August 2014.
* Six counts of intentionally causing or inciting a boy aged between 13 and 15, to engage in sexual activity between January 2012 and August 2014.
* Four counts of intentionally sexually touching a boy aged between 13 and 15 between September 2008 and January 2013
* Intentionally causing a child between 13 and 14 to watch a sexual act between March 2012 and March 2014
* Intentionally sexually touching a boy between 15 and 16, without consent between March 2013 and March 2015,
* Two counts of indecently assaulting a girl, aged 14, between November 2000 and November 2001.
* Taking 81 indecent ‘category B’ images of children.
* Taking 140 indecent ‘category C’ images of children.