Electrical fault sparks car fire

fire
fire

Firefighters were called out in Harborough early this morning (Thursday) to a car fire which started after an electrical fault.

A fire crew from Harborough station attended Hill Top Close, off Lubenham Hill, at 5.18am today, said the Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service daily report log.

Firefighters used two breathing apparatus and compressed air foam to put out the flames and stop it spreading.

The suspected cause was an engine electrical fault which caused 10 per cent damage to the car, said the report log.

Story by Alex Blackwell

Follow Alex on Twitter, @BlackwellHarb.