This was the sight in a Harborough district village yesterday (Wednesday) when a car caught fire .
It happened in Kibworth Harcourt, near Main Street, at about 11.45am.
The picture was sent to the Mail by eyewitness Dr Keith Wood.
He said in an email: “Met this sight in Kibworth Harcourt. No injuries, and the fire service came five minutes’ later.
“It was a Volvo hire car, the driver told me.”
A fire crew from Kibworth attended the scene at 11.45am. Firefighters used one hose reel and two breathing apparatus while putting out the flames.
The cause of the fire was an overheated clutch, according to the Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service daily report log.
Story by Alex Blackwell.