Chimney fire in district village

There was a small heater fire at St Andrew's High School this morning
There was a small heater fire at St Andrew's High School this morning

Firefighters were called out to a village yesterday (Thursday) to deal with a chimney fire.

A fire crew from Kibworth attended Debdale Lane, in Smeeton Westerby, at just after 1pm yesterday, said the Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service daily report log.

The firefighters used a nine-metre ladder, a roof ladder, their working-at-height equipment and a hearth kit to deal with the incident, said the log.

No further details were given.

Story by Alex Blackwell

Follow Alex on Twitter, @BlackwellHarb.