Some playgrounds have re-opened in the Harborough district - here are the ones that you can now use
The council has moved to re-open the playgrounds after carrying out risk assessments and setting up social distancing signs
Youngsters are now able to access 17 out of 28 play areas run by Harborough District Council.
The council has moved to re-open the playgrounds after carrying out risk assessments and setting up social distancing signs.
And the authority aims to welcome back kids to more play areas over the next few days as the school summer holidays get into full swing.
Staff will be patrolling the facilities regularly to make sure that they are being used properly.
The refurbished playground in Market Harborough’s Welland Park will be open later this week all being well after essential maintenance work.
“Risk assessments have been carried out for each site - and site guidance and social distancing signage has been installed at each location.
“Residents are urged to use the play areas responsibly, by observing the site guidance, including social distancing and good hygiene (eg. using personal hand sanitisers),” said Harborough District Council.
“Sites will also be patrolled to ensure they are being used correctly.
“The remaining council-owned play areas in the district will be re-opened over the coming weeks.
These are the play areas in Harborough district that have now re-opened following the Covid-19 lockdown:
· Bellfields Recreation Ground, Glebe Road, Market Harborough
· Little Bowden Recreation Ground, Scotland Road, Market Harborough
· Burford Green, Western Avenue, Market Harborough
· Logan St Recreation Ground, Market Harborough
· Roman Way, Market Harborough
· Headlands Recreation Ground, The Headlands, Market Harborough
· Angell Drive, Farndon Fields, Market Harborough (The Blue Park)
· Angell Drive, Farndon Fields, Market Harborough (The Leap)
· Sherrard Road, Market Harborough
· Coales Gardens, Market Harborough
· Ashley Way, Market Harborough
· The Longlands, off Ashley Way, Market Harborough
· Goodwood Close, Market Harborough
· Mill Grove, Lutterworth
· Moorbarns Lane, Lutterworth
· Mulberry Close, Lutterworth
· Cottage Lane, Broughton Astley.