DCSIMG

Unconscious pensioner rescued from fire-hit flat; suspected cause was cooking left unattended

Firefighters were called out to deal with the incident in Kibworth

Firefighters were called out to deal with the incident in Kibworth

Firefighters rescued an unconscious pensioner from a fire in a flat in Kibworth yesterday (Sunday).

Four fire crews, from Kibworth and Harborough, were called to flats in Home Close, Kibworth Beauchamp, at 5.57pm, said the Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service daily report log.

The firefighters used two breathing apparatus to enter the flat and found the pensioner, who was thought to be aged in his 70s, unconscious in a chair.

They took him outside and administered first-aid where he came round and was sat up on a trolley when paramedics arrived. He was then taken to hospital for treatment.

No official update on his condition has been supplied but it is thought that he is recovering in hospital today, according to other media reports.

Fire crews also used one hose reel to deal with the flames. There was smoke damage caused to the flat.

No suspected cause was cooking left unattended.

Story by Alex Blackwell

Follow Alex on Twitter, @BlackwellHarb.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news