DCSIMG

Kitchen fire started by cooker being switched on accidentally

Firefighters were called out to deal with the incident in Harborough

Firefighters were called out to deal with the incident in Harborough

A fire started in a kitchen at a home in Harborough last night (Wednesday) after a cooker was accidentally turned on.

Two crews from the town’s fire station were called out to Logan Street at about 8.45pm, said the Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service’s daily report log.

The firefighters used one hose reel and two breathing apparatus while tackling the flames and positive pressure ventilation to clear out smoke.

The suspected cause of the fire was a cooker accidentally being turned on, according to the report log.

There was damage to the kitchen, cooker and chipboard.

Story by Alex Blackwell

Follow Alex on Twitter, @BlackwellHarb.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page