Carelessly discarded smoking materials led to a fire outside a Harborough home yesterday (Wednesday), the fire service said.
A fire crew from the town’s station was called at about 1pm to Freshman Way, one of the streets on the new housing estate off Farndon Road.
A one-metre section of fencing had caught fire after smoking materials were disposed of carelessly, according to the Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service daily report log.
Firefighters used a hose reel to put out the flames
Story by Alex Blackwell
Follow Alex on Twitter, @BlackwellHarb.