FIREFIGHTERS were called out to deal with a second chimney fire in the north-east of the district within the space of three days.
Three appliances from Uppingham fire station were called to High Street, Hallaton, on Saturday at 4.37pm after a report of a chimney fire.
Fire crews from Harborough had been called out to deal with a similar fire in Hallaton Road, Medbourne, on Thursday night.
A chimney kit and a nine-metre ladder were used to put out the flames in Saturday’s incident, which affected a chimney and log burner.
No further details were made available on the Leicestershire Fire and Rescue daily report log.
Paul Weston, the manager of the Harborough district fire service, recently sent out a warning about chimney fires and said there had been a 40 per cent rise in these incidents in the county since 2006.